My Book Tabbing Process

Hello everyone ðŸŒ»

Today I am going to do a short post about how I tab my books when I'm reading them, to help me with my reviews. 

I started thinking about doing this recently as I was struggling to remember the things I wanted to talk about about; and I then watched a video made by a Booktuber called 'Fashionably Bookish' simply called "How I Tab my Books" and decided that I would follow a similar system. 







So, I use 4 different colours of tabs 

Darker Pink - really good descriptive passages

Lighter Pink - character or relationship

Orange - Humour

Yellow - other (good quote, scene) 



These are the tabs that I use....



I also tab some of the books on my shelves to help me keep track of my reading activity and to help me make monthly TBRs. This way I can see physically which books I have read, which I find easier than having lots of lists laying around. This idea came from a video by a Booktuber called Brightness Katy Reads called "Bookshelf Tour + New to Youtube"




Again, I use 4 different colours of tabs

Green - DFN'D (did not finish/abandoned)

Pastel Blue - TBR (to be read)

Darker Blue - Reviewed (I have made a post about it)

Turquoise - Subscription box (received in a subscription)



These are the tabs that I use...


That's about all for this post, but if you have any questions about how I use tabs, what I tab etc then feel free to ask in the comments - I always reply!

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Don't forget to subscribe by email - it's super easy! xx

Comments

  1. Ahh, I look so unorganised compared to you! I wish I did all that pretty tabbing but instead I just grab a scrap piece of paper or old notebook and start scribbling notes, haha! I do want to be a wee bit more organised with books on my shelves though so might try do something similar as you've done! Great post. :)

    - Rachel
    https://www.rachelwithablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I started like that but the notepad was very quickly in a state of destruction, haha!!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I don't tab my books but this is a great system! When I used to be a book blogger, this would have been SO handy for me to do!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely revolutionized my reviewing process!! how long I'll keep it up for though, I really don't know haha! Thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read a post like this for ages! I definitely need to buy the same brand sticky tabs every time as all my books have different tabs & colours 😂

    MB | http://www.megbeth.travel.blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different tabs can be tricky - although I'm running out already so I need to find these again or something very very similar, haha!!! xxx

      Delete
  4. Awesome! I've been reading a lot of non-fiction books lately, and often reference back to them for projects I'm working on or posts I'm writing, so I definitely need a system like this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This system is definitely good for non-fiction as I've used it myself!!! Thank you so much
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Interesting method. it would definitely help when people want to go back over books they've read. I do similar in Kindle as I read mostly eBooks now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes my reviews so much easier!! I do use and love kindle notes/highlights too!!! Thank you so much xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳