🌸Things I Enjoyed in MAY (May wrap-up) 🌸

Hello everyone 

I cannot believe how fast the month of May has sailed by. Despite still being in lockdown, the days seem to be moving faster than ever and I'm managing to fill my time. 



🌸 Books ðŸŒ¸

I've had a really good month books and reading wise - the best this year so far - and it has also been a really good month for my blog and for my Instagram account, where lots of follower milestones have been hit! I'm currently planning my June TBR, which will be posted over on Instagram soon. Maybe head over and follow if you don't wanna miss it ;) 



Books read: 13



I managed to read everything on this stack, plus 2 books on my Kindle which were A STUDY IN SCARLET/SHERLOCK HOLMES #1 by Arthur Conan Doyle and MARROW BOOK ONE by Alex Blythe. I'm so pleased I am finally getting into ebooks and I plan to read quite a few books on my Kindle in June. 



Here are my Goodreads ratings for the month:

The Folk of the Faraway tree ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

A Study in Scarlet ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Hunger Games ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Hunger Games Mocking Jay ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Marrow Book One ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 

              The Hunger Games Catching Fire ⭐⭐⭐⭐

                As Old as Time ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ⭐⭐⭐⭐

             Queen Victoria ⭐⭐⭐⭐

          The Magic Faraway Tree ⭐⭐⭐⭐

         The Enchanted Wood ⭐⭐⭐

                             

     Up the Faraway Tree ⭐⭐



Books bought/received: 28 (Even I didn't realise it was this bad!!)



Subscription Boxes:

  • Sanditon & other stories – Jane Austen (Beautiful Book company classic sub box)
  • Say, Say, Say – Lila Savage (Books that Matter sub box)
  • The Red Daughter - John Burnam Schwartz (Book and a Brew sub box)  

Purchases:

  • To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  • Tidelands - Philippa Gregory 
  • The Witchfinder's Sister - Beth Underdown
  • Katherine of Aragon: The True Queen - Alison Weir
  • David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
  • The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes - Suzanne Collins
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events (all 13) - Lemony Snicket 

Kindle Purchases:

  • The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
  • The Librarian of Auschwitz - Antonio Iturbe 
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection - Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Beatrix Potter: Ultimate Collection 
  • Alice in Wonderland: The Complete Collection - Lewis Carroll
  • Marrow Book One - Alex Blythe 
























This month's favourite: A Study in Scarlet, Sherlock Holmes #1 by Arthur Conan Doyle

I loved this introduction to Holmes and Watson and I think Holmes' quirks are very funny. I enjoyed the plot line and I think I'm really going to enjoy the rest of the books. As you can see from the photo I have the whole collection, which I downloaded recently for 99p!!!




🌸 Tv & Films ðŸŒ¸

I've been watching a variety of things this month and definitely binged watched a lot of shows. Currently I have Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime (it's a lot I know), and I've been doing my best to make use of them all. I shudder to think the amount of hours I have spent watching shows in bed this month, but I did find some really good things! 

1) A Series of Unfortunate Events: Netflix 2017-2019

Having never read or watched A Series of Unfortunate Events before, I stumbled across Neil Patrick Harris' Netflix adaption by accident and it was good timing, as I'd also just seen a fellow bookstagrammer read all 13 books in a week. As you can see from my haul photo, I too bought all 13 books which I can't wait to start reading and it's safe to say I am now obsessed with it all. The series was a great balance of funny and disturbing and I really loved the portrayal of Count Olaf. 



2) Prop Culture: Disney+ 2020

I am a huge Disney fan and I absolutely love so many of the films so this series was perfect for me. Dan Lanigan is so passionate about the holding and preservation of Disney artifacts and this series means we can gain an insight into the usually top secret Disney archives. I particularly enjoyed the first episode, about Mary Poppins, in which we get to see original costumes and the charming carousel horses, and I also enjoyed seeing the puppets of Jack in the Nightmare Before Christmas episode. I'm definitely hoping for a season 2!!! 



3) Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: Episode I

I decided to take the plunge and start properly and fully watching Star Wars (including the TV series) and I kicked this off chronologically from Episode I as I think it'll help me understand more in this order. I really enjoyed the introduction into Jedis and the relationship between Anakin Skywalker and his mother. 

~


I hope that this post was an enjoyable one and that you may have taken some recommendations from it. I can't wait to have these posts to look back on in future and I found it really fun and worthwhile writing such a reflective post. I'll definitely be back next month with a June wrap up! 

 



xxxx



Comments

  1. What a wonderful month in reading. I also enjoyed Harry Potter and Hunger Games. You have added some insetting books to TBR. I hope you enjoy all of them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great series! Lockdown has been ideal for reading them. I am looking forward to my June reads so much. and THANK YOU!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow you read so many books in May! And they weren't small books either so that's really impressive! I'm glad you're getting stuck into Star Wars too!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've got lots of really big books for June so that's daunting and exciting. I'm glad I've finally got round to star wars haha. Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, 13 books is such an achievement! I think I read about 8 books in May so I'm not too far behind you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm hoping for about 18 in June but I feel like it might not happen haha!! Well done xxx

      Delete
  4. I loved this post so much! Dang girl! 13 books read?! I need to get on your level! Also all of your pictures are too cute. I love your Dumbo funko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you so much!! I don't know how I got to 13 either haha - June target is 15+!!!!! Dumbo features in a lot of my photos now, my little mascot!!xxx

      Delete
  5. I love Disney plus, Prop culture was brilliant! It’s hard to know what to choose next.

    I’m in awe of your monthly reading figure! I managed 2 and a half last month but I’m very impressed that I’m on my 2nd of June already.

    Enjoy June and hope you work your way through your new books x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Prop Culture so much and I've now worked my way through the other documentaries on there. Hoping for more seasons!!! I'm glad people are so impressed with my reading haha. And thank you so much xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

Babbles about childhood Books: The Enchanted Wood & The Magic Faraway Tree (SPOILERS)