★Books I read in Lockdown: Marrow Book One (Spoilers)★

.........

This is a fantastic debut novel by Alex Blythe, a mix of fantasy and amazing emotions. This book was scary and I held my breath during some parts but I also loved watching the key characters Latham and Thora growing up and realising their feelings for each other. 




What I loved most about this book was the whole idea of the invisible yet almost unbreakably strong bonds that the characters share, not only with their family and friends but with every member of their community. It was so poignant to me in the current climate that the characters in this story feel each others every emotion and sense that their peers need are in danger and feel the loss of members of their kin so strongly. 


The darkness and deceit that is vital to this book makes for a really exciting and suspicious book and I found myself loving trying to figure out various elements. I also fell in love with Isaac the Astral Guide's character as he was so fair and wise and noble even in his own suffering. 

I also really enjoyed the relationship between Latham and his father Bray that ran alongside the other plot lines in the novel. The way in which Bray was crushed when he thought he had lost Latham and later when Latham leaves Marrow. The scene in which Latham is presumed dead was the most heartbreaking part of the novel for me, besides the death of Sin, and the most profound quote from this book 



Overall I found this to be a really thrilling and powerful book. The messages about friendship, family, life and death were all so beautifully included and the range of characters were all so attractive in their own ways. The kind, the evil, the strong and the silenced all play a part in this novel and I experienced the full range of emotions reading this - which is something that I have not had from a book in a long time. 



5 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Follow Alex Blythe on Instagram!!!! https://www.instagram.com/marrowbyalexblythe/

** all quotes and page numbers mentioned in this post are in reference to Alex Blythe, 'Marrow: Book One' (2020) ASIN  B088QQ6C97

Comments

  1. I'll definitely add this to my read-list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be wonderful if you do. It's a fantastic debut and deserves all the support it can get!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really exciting book! I love anything that leaves a lasting impression like that. Great review!

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the most memorable debut I have read. xx

      Delete
  3. What a review! Sounds like it made quite the impression on you. Sounds like a fascinating read and love what you said about the connections and bonds between the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a beautiful and powerful book in so many ways!! xx

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this one but it sounds really interesting! I'll have to check it out. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a debut that I was gifted for free in exchange for a review but it is now out and available to buy. I hope you enjoy! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

Babbles about childhood Books: The Enchanted Wood & The Magic Faraway Tree (SPOILERS)