Reviews & Read-a-thons: Plans for June



Hello everyone ðŸŒ´ and welcome to the first of a new monthly post that I will be doing, where I talk about my TBR, any events or read-a-thons that I am participating in during the month and just a bit of a chatty update!!!

I have 3 main things going on in June in regards to reading. 2 read-a-thons and a book club read, which across the 3 makes up most of my TBR for this month! I'll link to things along the way if you fancy getting involved and discuss what I'm going to be reading for each one. 

As well as these 3 events I also have two reviews going up in June for books that I have been kindly sent for free to review by the authors. Both absolutely fantastic reads. Keep your eyes peeled for those!



#1 - Let's Get Classical 

Book Club


This wonderful group of readers has been set up by Jessica aka 'Stuck in The Book' in order to help and encourage people to enjoy classic literature. This is the first month of the read along and I'm super excited!!! 

Each month we choose via poll from a shortlist of books that Jess selects and we each read the book independently (doesn't matter if it takes you 1 day or the whole month) and then at the end of the month we are going to have a big discussion. This all takes places over on the Facebook group , and there is also an Instagram account.  

This month we are reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott. Fitzgerald....




#2 - House Cup a - thon 


This is a month long readathon that is based around the Harry Potter series. There are 16 prompts that ensure that you read a variety of books.

I am planning to read books for 9/16 prompts (I can't find books to fulfill the other 5 and I have other books to read) and I will using Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as my required reading. 
Here are the books I am planning to read:

The Hobbit - J.R.R Tolkien
Last Memoria - Rachel Emma Shaw
The Witchfinder's Sister - Beth Underdown
The Jane Austen Society - Natalie Jenner
The Making of Modern Britain - Andrew Marr
The Reptile Room - Lemony Snicket
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes - Suzanne Collins
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - J.K Rowling

I have chosen to participate for Ravenclaw and I am going to do a weekly update on my blog every Monday about House Cup a -thon and the books I have read/points earned. 


#3 - Shakespeare Summer 

This is a weekly Shakespeare play read along run by Court with Books. Each week participants can vote on the play that is read out of 2 choices and there is a week for Comedies, Tragedies and Histories. 

It starts this week with Comedy and 'As You Like it' has been chosen as the play we will read. 

If you wish to join simply follow Court with Books on Instagram and use the hashtag in any posts or reviews!! 




I encourage any of you to get involved with any of these fantastic read alongs and regardless I hope you have a fantastic reading month!!!!

xxxx

Comments

  1. You must really love books to have so much going on that involves them. I don't think I've been that passionate and dedicated to anything in my life like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could read more but life is just so busy. I have to say Lock down has really given me time to read again though and I forgot just how much I love it.
    Enjoy your book filled month x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to read this much before lockdown. Between Jan and March I only read 3 books!!! This has changed my reading forever. Life is usually far too busy though - As long as you are enjoying reading that is all that matters. The numbers are irrelevant!!! Thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  3. You have some interesting reads coming up for this month. I'd love to read some Virginia Woolf at some point. I'm hoping to reread some Harry Potter this summer - can't beat a bit of Potter! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! This is probably my most varied TBR ever. Woolf is challenging, but worth it! xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have a look at the House Cup a thon because that sounds so much fun! I loved The Great Gatsby!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prompts are super fun and my TBR ended up really varied!! It's going to be my first time reading The Great Gatsby and I'm so excited to be doing it so interactively!!! Thank you so much xxx

      Delete
  5. I have always been a book worm but lapsed in recent years. I have really upped my reading levels recently and rocking it during lockdown. However I cannot juggle more than one book at a time. And I find I'm unable to read anything too challenging. I blame my menopausal brain for. I will follow on IG though. Your enthusiasm is infectious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, that is so lovely. I'm glad my enthusiasm makes an impression on people. I don't read more than one book at a time either, just back to back without much break!! xxx

      Delete
  6. I haven't done a read-a-thon in a while. It's great that you are putting so much effort into your reading this month. I hope you are able to get through all of the books you plan to read for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that readathons help me keep up consistent reading throughout the month however I am feeling the pressure a little bit haha!!! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  7. I love the idea of this!! I really want to get back into reading, I go through phases where I won't touch a book for months but when I do I will spend days reading. The Great Gatsby is one of the classics I would like to read!

    - charlotte / https://charlottesspace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited for the Great Gatsby. why not join our group and reading along with us!! xxx

      Delete
  8. Okay the let's get classical bookclub is SUCH a good idea! I've just followed over on insta, can't wait to join in!! Good luck with the read a thon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy!! Thrilled you're joining us. And thank you so much xx

      Delete
  9. Wow that is a really good list of books! I love the idea of basing a tbr list on a prompt like the House Cup-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helps to decide on a TBR. Some readathons are more specific and restrictive, like Housecupathon, but some have really broad prompts such as colours etc. There's definitley something out there for everyone!! xxx

      Delete
  10. These sound so good! I wish i had the time to read all those books!!

    Also Yay! Ravenclaw is definitely the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those read-a-thons sound like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like tons of fun! Enjoy ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳