June Wrap up

Hello everyone

June has been an interesting month reading wise. If you read my 'Plans for June' post' then you will know that I had a lot of readathons and events planned for June and I was aiming for an awful lot of reading. I know now that that was unrealistic and I put too much pressure on myself. As a result I absolutely crumbled and barely achieved anything I set out to. 

As a quick summary (refer back to the plans for June post if you have no idea what I am talking about)..... I read 2 out of 4 Shakespeare plays for #Shakespearesummer, however the read along then got postponed to a later date by the organiser. I really enjoyed the plays I read which were 'As You Like It' and 'Julius Caesar'. 

I read 6 books for House-cup-a-thon and participated in 2 instagram challenges, one of which I somehow managed to win!! I read 2,046 pages overall and earned 340 points for my house. I am disappointed in myself, however, I had set myself a very unrealistic TBR. 

🌸 Books ðŸŒ¸

Books read: 8 (including 2 plays)


Goodreads ratings:

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes 
The Bad Beginning 
The Reptile Room 
As You Like It 
White Fragility 
The Witchfinder's Sister 
Julius Caesar 
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 


Books bought/received (haul) - 15 

Subscription Boxes:

    • An American Marriage - Tayari Jones (Books that Matter sub box)
    • Splash - Stephen Glover (Book and a Brew sub box) 
    Purchases:

    • Normal People - Sally Rooney
    • The Beekeeper of Aleppo - Christy Lefteri 
    • The Binding - Bridget Collins
    • Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman 
    • A More Beautiful and Terrible History - Jeanne Theoharris
    • Why I'm No Longer Talking to White People about Race - Reni Eddo-Lodge
    • So You Want to Talk about Race - Ijeoma Oluo 
    Kindle Purchases:

    • White Fragility - Robin DiAngelo
    • The Great Gatsby - F. Scott. Fitzgerald 
    • The New Jim Crow - Michelle Alexander
    • How to be an Anti-Racist - Ibram. X. Kendi
    • How to Argue with a Racist - Adam Rutherford



    This month's favourite: The Witchfinder's Sister - Beth Underdown
    I really enjoyed this book, partly because it is historical fiction but also because I related to it as the East Anglian witch trials are something I have studied. All of the characters were really charming in their own ways.  


    🌸 Tv & Films ðŸŒ¸

    1) Normal People: BBC



    This was probably one of the best series I have binge watched in a long time. the episodes were quite short which I liked and I enjoyed how much of an emotional roller coaster this was. I really felt for Connell throughout and I am now excited to read the book, which I bought this month. In case this applies to anyone reading this post, this is an 18+ show and I would not recommend to younger viewers. 

    ~

    I hope that you all had a good month in June, reading and otherwise and have a happy July. 

    xxx

    Comments

    1. Wow you read and bought a lot of books last month! I hope you enjoy Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and The Great Gatsby - they're such great books!

      Serena / http://www.ramblingsofanotherunigraduate.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Buying books is an addiction, haha!!! I am looking forward to them both a lot. and THANK YOU so much xxx

        Delete
    2. While you might be disappointed with yourself about your reading month, I think you did fantastic! I have a hard time enjoying Shakespeare plays, though I remember loving them in high school. The premises are always fantastic, but I find reading scripts to be quite tedious at a certain point (and that's coming from a theatre geek haha).

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you so much - I am learning to be more proud of how many books I read!!! Shakespeare plays are time consuming for me as I like to study them whilst I read, using online translations and resources to make sure I fully understand and I annotate the texts. That's the literature student in me, haha!! xxx

        Delete
    3. You read loads in June!
      I'm glad you liked The Witchfinder's Sister, I loved that book when I read it a few years ago.
      Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you!! It's one of my favourite elements of history - and especially because this book takes place in my local areas! xxx

        Delete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

    ✨my classics tbr ✨

    Babbles about childhood Books: The Enchanted Wood & The Magic Faraway Tree (SPOILERS)