❤️ Moving out at 19 - info, thoughts & feelings (inspired by Jared Davies)❤️

 Hello everyone!!

Firstly I would like to say that this post is inspired by Jared Davies post 'MOVING OUT AT 18' which you can read here - he is a fellow blogger who is also moving into student accommodation this month and I definitely recommend you give his post a read!! He has lots of different lifestyle blogs that I always really enjoy, and like me is going to be blogging about his experiences through university so maybe consider going over and following him if you like that sort of content. ❤️



A few days ago I moved into my accommodation at BGU (Lincoln) ready to begin my first year as a first year BA English Literature student.  I've had my heart set on BGU from the first open day that I attended and I was so lucky to have been awarded an unconditional offer to study with them. 

I have chosen to live slightly off campus as I was keen to have as much independence as possible whilst still enjoying the fun parts of communal living. I wanted some distance between study and 'home' and the facilities available in the off campus building mean I have my own bathroom and kitchenette within my study bedroom as well the main communal facilities. It takes me exactly 11 minutes to walk from home to campus - I haven't been late for anything..yet!

It does however mean that I can't just roll out of bed for my 9am lectures quite as easily!!



So, how am I feeling? Well, it's a huge mixture of emotions! I'm really nervous about adjusting to communal living (there's definitely highs and lows so far) and trying to get along with everyone, and I am definitely aware of how much of a challenge university will be both academically and socially. Financially I am also going to need to be careful as I spent the majority of my maintenance loan on my accommodation!! 

However, I am really excited to meet and make friends with my housemates and course mates after speaking to them online for so long and to get started with my course. Everyone I have met so far has been friendly and I have a great group of friends, and many more yet to meet I am sure. We have been taking it in turns to cook each night and we've had some great meals around the table and lots of trips to the student bar! Personally I am looking forward to the blended approach to my course with online lectures as well as face-to-face learning as I have always been quite an independent learner over a group learner and there is the added freedom of fitting study around your other plans. 

 



~

I am finally settled in, I've put my room together and I am having a really great first week.  The socially distanced freshers events that the university have been able to provide have been really good fun - I've been to an outdoor cinema, craft afternoon and there is a few virtual quizzes coming up that I'm keen to get involved in. This week has been filled with new adventures - my first load of laundry, cooking my first meal, induction events and my first trip to Tesco in the pouring rain (!!!) and I will definitely write a more detailed post all about freshers week at some point so keep your eyes peeled for that!! 

Until next time 

xxxx

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting a place at BGU and moving out - how exciting! Sounds like you're having a fab time there so far, and I hope you continue to enjoy your time there! x

    Sophie | www.loveandliterature.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am having an amazing time and it's such an incredible, supportive university! xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on starting University! It sounds like you have settled in and are having a great first week. Just remember and take some time for yourself if you need it. It can be quite overwhelming moving to University, lots of new people and new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it has been tricky settling in but I make sure to enjoy my weekends exploring the city!! xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you've had a great first week. The friends I made during my time at university are some of my closest friends now and I met my now fiancé in my very first week. Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with the rest of your year!

    Jen @ www.thelifestuff.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've met some great people here so far!! xx

      Delete
  4. Congrats! Your set up looks so cute! Hoping the rest of your experience there will be a good one ♥

    Deandra|theblackprincessdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm really lucky to have such a nice room and I'm really enjoying furnishing it!! xx

      Delete
  5. My first year of university I lived in a dorm & it was great because I was able to meet a lot of amazing people & I could roll out of bed for my 8am class haha
    That's great you've settled in & it sounds like you've been having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have so many amazing friends and neighbours here and it's great to be able to do things together like cooking! I have a bit of a walk to campus but it's a good way to start the day! xxx

      Delete
  6. I started uni in September and I'm living 10 mins away from campus, so I'm finding it a struggle to make friends and meet people at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard this year with C19 but my uni have been really good at doing virtual events so check to see if there are any happening - virtual tea and cake, quizzes etc. and also make sure you make use of group chats for your course. Hope it improves for you soon lovely. xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳