🍂MY COSY AUTUMN FILMS🍂

 Hello, long time no see!

If you are new here and you don't already know - I am at university and my time is spread very thin! I haven't posted since moving here in September and it really is about time. 

I popped a poll up on my Instagram story last night and I had a huge response with most people wanting to see this post so I sat down today and had a big think about movies that make me feel cosy and autumnal.

 If you voted for the other post option which was a rundown of my reads for Module 2 of my degree then that will be up next Sunday!

I had hoped to go out and take some nice autumnal photos for this post but late last night I was told to isolate by NHS track & trace for the next 10 days so we will have to make do with slightly less impressive photos :( 




1) Pocahontas
   There is just so much autumnal imagery in this film. Swirling leaves, campfires, sunsets. It's one of Disney's most gorgeous animations in my opinion.

2) You've Got Mail
       Slightly older pick here but definitely one of my favourites. I love the autumn and winter scenes in this film and it's such an easy funny watch. I love the whole aesthetic of the 90s and this film just reminds me of being cosy watching it in my nan's living room when we went to visit her. 

3) The Nightmare Before Christmas
     I feel like this one is just such a given! It's Disney, it's Halloween and it's Christmas. You actually can't go wrong. I don't really like Tim Burton films usually as I'm not a big fan of creepy but the songs and everything in this one are just so fun and it's gets me in the mood for both autumn and winter. 





4) Christopher Robin
      oops another Disney film - I am obsessed! I think this movie is just so warm, fuzzy and nostalgic and great for all year round to be honest - but something about the hundred acre wood always makes me feel autumnal. 

5) Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 
    Okay so I know that Harry Potter is a controversial topic nowadays and for very good reason - however I personally choose to separate the author from the fiction (I know not everyone agrees but please be respectful). I just love the Halloween and Christmas scenes in this movie and the castle looks so warm and snug. 









Comments

  1. Some great choices here! I love Pocahontas, Harry Potter and The Nightmare Before Christmas - they're perfect for watching at this time of year!

    Serena / http://www.ramblingsofanotherunigraduate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney all the way! Glad you enjoyed the list. xx

      Delete
  2. Harry Potter is such a great film for this time of year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm going to have a marathon this week - there's 8 films and I have 9 nights left in isolation so it's pretty perfect!! xx

      Delete
  3. My bf and I were just talking about having another harry potter marathon. perfect for lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! I tend to lean towards cosy rom-coms around this time of year like The Holiday :)

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVEEE the Holiday. I can't wait to watch it this christmas!! xx

      Delete
  5. The only one of these that I haven't seen is Christopher Robin, so I might need to rectify that soon! I am all about a cozy film and Harry Potter or a cute romantic comedy make me quite happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great choices here! I'm really a TV show person, but you can't beat a good Christmas film!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love tv series as you can binge watch them haha. although also can with film frachises!! I've been watching some really throwback series recently!! xxxx

      Delete
  7. These are such good movies. Perfect and cozy for fall too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to watch all of the Harry Potter films again, it just seems like a good time to do it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant time!! I watched them all in isolation and it was a great way to spend the evenings with a hot drink and a blanket!! xx

      Delete
  9. The nightmare before christmas is up there for me as well, I love it! I haven't rewatched the Harry Potter films in ages, I think the last time I did so was about 2 years ago, but they're still one of my favourite film franchises, and always makes me feel good 😊

    ✨ Marissa Belle × marsybun.com ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter is perfect for lockdown evenings!! xxx

      Delete
  10. I have never actually watched Pocahontas before. I probably should! Oddly enough, some of the soundtracks from Pocahontas are on my Spotify playlist, so I am familiar with some of the songs haha! Thanks for these recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't watched it for absolutely years but I loved the soundtrack - so glad I finally watched it!! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳