🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳

 good evening, 

 I hope everyone is well, and that you are all looking after yourselves. I hope you were able to do something restful with your Sunday today - read a book, had a bath, took a walk, or any activity you like to do for self-care during this hard time ♡ I would also like to take a moment to say that my comment section and instagram messages are always open for support and a chat when things get tough (I read all my message requests so as long as it's a friendly, appropriate message I will always answer you!) 

On with this evenings cosy little post! I made a very bold decision that I would spend this third lockdown at university, almost completely by myself. All my wonderful friends and my boyfriend have decided to wait until the lockdown is lifted to return, and no one knows if that will even happen this semester! Social media and texts and calls have become my lifeline - I've messaged more people today than I usually would, and our family group chat has been very active! I moved back into my student accommodation yesterday after being home with my family for Christmas (I have permission from the university, don't worry); I felt in myself that I would be more productive here, work harder and enjoy my space. So far it has proved to be true, I've enjoyed listening to piano music (I highly recommend the Peaceful Piano playlist on spotify ) watching films/Netflix, cleaning, tidying and working on my assignments, and tonight I cooked my first Sunday roast-type meal which I was very proud of - only sausages, potatoes, carrots and broccoli, but at least it's not pasta! 🥦

I've been moving in, unpacking, organising and cleaning these last two days and my room feels very cosy and calm right now, I've enjoyed making some little areas of my room a bit prettier and despite the world outside, I can honestly say right at this moment, I feel so incredibly serene! 

I just thought I'd share a few of my favourite bits and pieces that really make me smile in my room and because I know some people love tours and interior photos, haha! Firstly, I decided to bring my book trolley with me this semester because my shelves were so full already, so I enjoyed putting that together and decorating it with a few bits and bobs... 


One of my other favourite areas is the windowsill. I spent a while reorganising this yesterday and making it more homely and tidy. It is right next to my desk so I love having these trinkets and things as my view out of the window instead of my shiny black tv which blocked a lot of light! Hardback books look so satisfying stacked on the window sill and these are the 4 gorgeous books I got for Christmas and can't wait to read. The Pomegranate & Raspberry reed diffuser next to them smells AMAZING and the smell drifts near me with the breeze from the open window while I study at my desk - super calming! 

On the other side, is my lovely squishy little Sleepy dwarf ufufy from the Disney store that my best friend bought me a few Christmases ago - despite living only a few houses away from each other and studying at neighbouring unis, I haven't seen her since February due to the pandemic, I really hope I can do that soon! I absolutely love the huge plant pot from a little independant shop called Eden, in my home town, that houses my fake plant; the pot used to have a really cool cacti family living in it but they unfortunately didn't survive my time away from uni :( 🌵 The photo is one of the only photos I have of me and my grandad who passed when I was 13, we aren't a huge photo taking family and the few photos I do have of him are from when I was very young - I am a big photo person and make sure to never miss a moment now! 

Lastly, just a few things that I enjoy having about the place, and using in my room to make things extra cosy and feel like home. This room spray (fancy air freshener let's face it) is from Tesco, and is geranium and vetiver scented and I love using it in the room, especially after I've cleaned to make everywhere fresh. It is the most gorgeous smell, and as it happens geraniums were my Grandad's favourite flower which is even more poignant for me! The tiny plaque is from Dunelm and I picked it up when I was doing my huge uni shop back in the summer, it was reduced to about £1.50 I think and it was grey which is my main colour theme. It now hangs on one of my drawer handles so I see it every day and it's such a simple but vital sentiment. 

 Finally, these super funky mugs! I have the whole set now and they are just the best mugs for tea and hot chocolate, they're really big and rounded which I love (squarish mugs are just weird). I love the colours and the different animals, and the best thing - before you all panic and think I'm really fancy - they only cost £1.50 each from B&M, which if you aren't in the UK, is a bargain variety store! 🐘



There we have it! I hope you enjoyed my rambly random post and took something from it, whatever that may be. I enjoyed writing it and I like making my blog more varied so I will hopefully have some more ideas soon. I hope everyone stays safe and remembers to check in on themselves and their loved ones! 

Until next time
xxx










Comments

  1. Love this! I think it's so important to fill your environment with things that make you smile. I wish you all the luck with uni this term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing style, it's so friendly and welcoming :)
    And your book cart is lovely, what a cute piece of decor! All the best for your school year.

    Anika | chaptersofmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm so glad my posts feel friendly ��

      Delete
  3. I love your little space and what you've done with it! The mugs are so cute and so affordable x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a lovely term at uni. I can imagine how difficult it must be at the moment deciding whether to go back to uni or still stay at home with family. You've made your room look really nice, that was one of my favourite things to do when I was at uni, make the room as homely as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hard decision but I had to think about access to resources, study space etc. I certainly brought a lot more thing from home with me this time to make the place feel cosy. xx

      Delete
  5. Uni was hard enough for me without all this, so a huge well done for being so determined and I really wish you the best of luck! I absolutely love what you have done with your space, it's lovely! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Uni is definitely a weird time regardless, but we have to make the best of it!!

      Delete
  6. Good luck at Uni. Your space looks lovely, I like have beautiful scents floating around too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute little touches you were able to make to make this space your own! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post, such a cute space. I was definitely more motivated at university than at home so I totally understand why you would return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I've already done more studying this week than I would ever get done at home. Being by myself actually motivates me to stay occupied and I end up being super productive! xxx

      Delete
  9. I love how you've made the most out of usual items to decorate your room and the simplicity of it. How do your bookshelves look so neat as well? No matter how hard I try, it looks so messy ��. Disney and piano instrumentals are some of my favourite things too. Love them! Hope this term goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it time and they will be messy - I'd only been here 2 days so the room looked so neat! I love listening to Disney soundtracks when I'm not watching the films, haha! xx

      Delete
  10. This is such a great post and you are so right you need to fill your space with things you enjoy and make you smile. When I was at uni I found it so much easier to be motivated while I was living there and had easy access to the library etc. My motivation always went down when I went home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love a good library?! Being by myself has made me so keen to stay occupied so I've been very productive and done a few hours of study and reading everyday!! Thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  11. I'm glad that you've been able to make this space your own. It's so lovely with the different trinkets and decor and memorabilia. I'm hopeful that this semester provides lots of time for peace and calm since you're mostly solitary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am a sucker for collecting all sorts of bits and pieces. The peace and quiet in my building is so calming and helping my productivity and anxiety, looking like it'll be a good semester! xx

      Delete
  12. Wish you the very best of luck in this new semester. Your space looks lovely :)

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨