THINGS I 💗 TO USE TO SAVE MONEY AND THE PLANET!!

Hi everyone!

TRIGGER WARNING - THIS POST WILL MENTION PERIODS/MENSTRUATION AND RELEVANT PRODUCTS!!

There are things we can all do to help the environment; whether that's something small like buying a reusable water bottle, or a big step like investing in an electric car. In recent years I have discovered a lot more reusable products that I really enjoy using in my life and I'm always keen to know about more so definitely comment any suggestions or handy links/websites!! 

Here are my recommendations!

1. metal razors (just buy the blades)

I started using this brand of razor a year or two ago and it has definitely changed my life, I've never been able to shave so well. The razor handle is completely reusable and all you have to do is buy replacement blades, which I have to say last quite a good amount of time before rusting or blunting. Mine is the rose gold razor from FFS. 


2. reusable dish sponges
Now, call me stupid, but I hadn't even considered that these might exist until I came to university and did the obligatory trip to B&M with my friends! Not only do they last longer than usual dish sponges, I feel a lot safer knowing they get a proper wash in the washing machine, the bacteria that builds up in sponges is not worth thinking about! This pack of 4 cost me about £1.50 I believe and they are brilliant. 

3. cloth wipes
These are super versatile products and they can come in different materials to suit what you want/need. They can be used as baby wipes, toilet roll alternative or what I use them for which is wipes for when I am on my period and need to clean up a bit. You just keep them damp in a tub and then machine wash them - I put mine in a net bag when I put them in the wash. I bought a pack of 10 for £8.50 from Cheekywipes! You can also get face cloths which are reusable as well as make up remover pads (small round cloth alternatives to using cotton wool pads!) Definitely worth researching into - etsy is the best place!


4. cloth menstrual pads
This is something I am so so passionate about and yet so many people don't know these products exist! Cloth menstrual pads are lifechanging; comfortable, huge range of size, material and absorbency options, last YEARS and don't harm the environment. Another thing I love is that it's a market mostly dominated by independent makers. You just rinse them out, maybe use a little stain remover and then machine wash them - I put them in mesh bags with my cloth wipes. Absolutely happy to answer any questions about these in the comments and signpost people to further info. There are lots of other reusable menstrual products available too, such as menstrual cups, they don't work for me personally but definitely research to find a product to suit you!


5. mesh bags.
Last but not least, mesh bags. I have two different types of mesh/net bags - fruit and veg bags for loose groceries, and then the mesh bags I use to wash my cloth wipes and period pads. Usually these kind of bags are drawstring and can easily be machine washed. I recently discovered they are also handy for machine washing trainers, and some people also use them for delicates. 



There we have it, my 5 favourite things that save the environment, and save me money be being one-time purchases! Do you have any favourite reusable items? Any recommendations?

Until next time
xxx












Comments

  1. Love this! I am yet to get a metal razor - purely because I don't shave very often �� but I am gonna get one soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great suggestions. I'm on the lookout for a good metal razor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

🧩 Hardback TBR 🧩

✨my classics tbr ✨

🧳 Moving back to university in Lockdown 🧳